Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do I shave in a way that I don't get that annoying mass of red, swollen pimple things all over my face?

Use a moisturising shaving gel/cream, make sure your razor is new and not used up for disposable, for straight blades make sure its honed properly.





Also don%26#039;t press as hard, take more passes on the same area in different angles instead of one in every area.|||I%26#039;m a girl so I don%26#039;t have to shave my face, but I do read a lot and I know a thing or two! Start with a clean face. Shaving exposes your skin to bacteria since a small top layer of your skin is taken away by the razor. Second, make sure to only use new, clean razors. Keep in mind dirty/old razors are dull and require more pressure against the skin to do the job, resulting in skin irritation. Try shaving in the direction the hair grows as opposed to the opposite direction and see if that boasts better results. Use an aftershave to provide your skin with the moisture that was lost in the process of shaving. Use one without too many ingredients (like from a health food store like Henry%26#039;s) and try an unscented one. Hope this helps!|||I have this problem, still yet. So i asked a skin specalist, he says it happnes( the red things on face) due to hair irritation to soft skin, so you either let your whiskers not grow after certain period( its 3 days for me ) or let them grow till the red thingies stop bothering you and then shave. Problem with 1st solution is it maked your face green and skin looses its glow. where is for second, you look shabby sometimes.|||If you have more than a day or two growth, trim it down with a beard trimmer or hair clippers. Take a hot shower. When you get out put a good quality shave gel on your beard. I use Gillette ultra gel. Have a sharp razor and shave. Make sure you take short strokes. Wash the hair and foam from the blade after shaving 2-3 inches. Start at your sideburns and gradually work down your face. Always pull down, not up or sideways. Just go slow till you get it down. My beard gets pretty thick. I like the Gillette Mach 3 razor with the sonic handle. Just take your time and dry the blade off when you%26#039;re done so hard water or anything doesn%26#039;t build up dulling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment