Saturday, December 26, 2009

Senior Ladies (and men too), do you still get an occasional pimple on your face?

I%26#039;m 65 and I still do. Is that unusual for this age? How about you?|||I don%26#039;t get pimples but, I am ashamed to say, I do get the odd rogue whisker. I am particularly horrified by this because of a childhood experience.


My Mother had an elderly female friend that we used to visit quite often and she would always kiss me goodbye. I never forgot her bewhiskered face as it %26#039;pricked%26#039; into mine. I am almost manic in the way I search for the odd whisker on my face, everyday.|||That is too funny. I thought my mom and I were the only ones to still


have them in our senior years. I remember my mom still having them


when she was a bit younger than me. But I get them so often. They


are usually red enough to make the surface and stand there like a


beacon in the night. So I go through cover up sticks routinely. And


they seem to stick around forever.


Strangely enough, I never got them as a teenager. I got those ugly


blackheads instead. Around 40 I started getting pimples for the first


time. And an allergy doctor told me his wife had them also in middle


age. So now I wonder, how old do I have to be, before I outgrow them?|||Thank goodness no. I didn%26#039;t have them as a teenager either. Maybe it was because I have a dark complexion. Sister was the same way too. But we had fair cousins that seem to have them all the time. They were always putting stuff on their face. Mom was fair also and I remember once when she had a red pimple next to her nose she almost freaked out. Sister and I found it funny, but not around mom. We knew better. Poppy|||Yup, I do. I%26#039;m 53 (so maybe not officially %26quot;senior%26quot; yet, but close); I use Olay%26#039;s individual facial scrub cloths and those seem to help a lot. I also use a cortisone lotion on the stubborn ones, as my family has a small history of skin cancers, and I%26#039;d like to avoid THAT issue!|||No, I talked to my dermatologist and he told me that acne (and its relatives) can hang around for a life time, and often do for many of us seniors, BTW I am 67 y.o. and I have used an acne remedy cream for the past 50 years! (Only get one a month - but that%26#039;s enough to get me steaming)!


CJ|||I have just noticed lately that I have had a few pop up. As a teen, I may have had one a month, usually at %26quot;that%26quot; time, but zits were never a problem. Now I have a problem. Husband says it is lakanuky.|||I%26#039;m not a senior yet, but probably pre-menopausal, so yes to pimples, I sometimes feel I%26#039;m going through another spurt of purberty. |||Yes. Usually it%26#039;s in the spring and fall. I don%26#039;t know why-- maybe the change of seasons or airborne allergens. I don%26#039;t think it%26#039;s unusual at all.|||52 years young 52! and yes i get a zit once in a while didn%26#039;t have a thing as a teen, had a hys. at 28 went thru the change abnd now i%26#039;m going through it again!! damn those whoremoans!!!|||i%26#039;m not so %26quot;senior%26quot;, but my dad (61) still gets them occasionally.|||51, and yes. Especially after the hot flashes started.|||Aarghh! Am 45, heading menopause and I have two pimples on my forehead after a loooong while.|||Never|||Once in a blue moon. I%26#039;m 63.|||Once in a while.|||No cant say that I do.|||Leather doesn%26#039;t get zits. |||I never even got them as a teenager. Neither did my kids. I consider us very, very blessed. |||Yes!|||I am 42 and have them every month!! hate them ...never had a one as a youth!|||Spinelli~





yes, only noe i laugh.....late 50%26#039;s!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment